Sunday, July 4, 2010

And now for something a little different...

Happy Independence Day!
In addition to taking a character design class this summer, I'm also trying things out in a storyboarding class taught by Rad Sechrist at the Concept Design Academy.  I still have a long way to go, but I thought I'd post the following images, which were done for last week's exercise.  I was trying to come up with a germaphobic, obsessive-compulsive type character (anyone who knows me knows that I'm pretty familiar with this subject matter).  I started off with some character design explorations, then picked one design to try some expressions/poses, and finally applied the character to 3 quick story beats. So...here is Jeremy the Germaphobe:



Trying to keep up more with the blog...thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Shiho Nakaza said...

Your character made me laugh! Great stuff, keep it up!

Adriana said...

Poor Jeremy, you need to give him a face mask!LOL Cute character, I like him.

Viv said...

Thanks, Shiho!
Thanks, the mommy!
:)

Anonymous said...

Wow... Good work, Viv! I am impressed :)

See you soon!

You BIG fan

Kwestone said...

Too talented. Give me your talents... all of them!

LindaPanda said...

I loooove the middle sketch page and the middle drawing of the dude looking sick "blehhhh"!! so awesome!!

JuLia* said...

Very cool! I like the sketch style and your humor. That's great. :) KEep it up.

Greetz, JuLia from germany