Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Painting for "$99 Only Show"

Sorry for the last minute post...I submitted a painting (at the last minute) for the "$99 Only Show" which takes place this Friday, December 3 (6pm-10pm).  Below is my piece:

"Shopping at Sunset" (acrylic on 6" x 6" wooden panel)
Price:  $99
I saw this little old lady delicately making her way across the street the other day.  She appeared to be looking forward to something after a long day...and it basically inspired me to paint this.  I guess it's just nice to always have something to look forward to...wherever and whenever.

The "$99 Only Show" is curated by No Artificial Flavors and will take place for one-night only at:
Stoneworks Studio & Gallery:
300 N. Ventura Ave.
Ventura, CA 93001

**All artwork will be $99 or less, and 5% of each sale goes to help local food banks & charities.

I'll be posting info on another upcoming group show soon.  Thanks for your support!

8 comments:

Rebecca Miller said...

Viv! I love it!!! Gorgeous work!!! xoxo Rebecca

Viv said...

Aww...thanks, Rebecca! Hope you're doing well & happy holidays! :)

Wife to one and Mom to two said...

Job well done, as ALWAYS!

sunilo said...

Great colors and composition. I like the texture you achieved as well!

Nice to see more of our paintings, Vivian!

Viv said...

Thanks so much, Anna & Sunil :)

spacetrog said...

Awesome Vivian. So I'm in Ventura, (just drove by Stoneworks the other day) when is this going on?

spacetrog said...

Ooops! Just saw the date, same night I was by there darnnit!

Viv said...

Aww, no worries! Thanks for your support, Mike! Hope you're doing well! Cheers :)